COVID-19 Vaccinations for Caregivers
As frontline healthcare workers providing essential care, Washington state caregivers are eligible to get the COVID-19 vaccine for free, right now.
To get vaccinated, you simply need to:
- Find a location near you and get scheduled, following the “Get Scheduled” instructions below.
- Get proof that you are eligible, to bring with you to your vaccination appointment.
How you get the vaccination is determined by your location and healthcare coverage. To get scheduled, click the “+” next to the description below that applies to you.
- Option 1: Caregivers with Kaiser Permanente Washington (KPWA) coverage, who live in the Puget Sound or Spokane regions.
- Option 2: Caregivers with Kaiser Permanente Northwest (KPNW) coverage living in Clark or Cowlitz Counties in Southwest Washington.
- Option 3: Caregivers with any other healthcare coverage, living anywhere in Washington state, OR who have KPWA coverage living outside the Puget Sound or Spokane areas.
Option 1: KPWA coverage in the Puget Sound or Spokane area
- Fill out KPWA e-visit survey.
- To fill out the survey, you need to login to KPWA. If you have not created an online account with KPWA, follow these instructions.
- Answer the questions in the survey.
- When prompted at the end of the survey, schedule your vaccination appointments.
- Call 1-800-352-3610.
- Use this option if you speak a language other than English and would like translation services or if you cannot create an online account.
Option 2: KPNW coverage
- Go to kp.org/appointments or use the Kaiser Permanente app. If you do not have an online account yet, see instructions for getting one.
- Click “schedule appointment.”
- Select “COVID19 Vaccine.”
- Select “Dose 1.”
- When asked for if you have an employer code, if you do not have one, it is okay. Simply answer “no.”
- When the next question pops up, and asks if you are in Phase 1a, answer “yes.”
- Select a location, date and time for your appointment.
- Call 1-800-813-2000.
KPNW is currently vaccinating members who are in Phase 1a. However, due to limited quantities of vaccines from public health authorities, there are a limited number of vaccine appointments available.
If you are unable to get an appointment, there are 2 other options:
Option 3: All Other Caregivers
Get Proof You are Eligible
- Download the DSHS Vaccine Verification Letter. Print it or present it on your phone to the vaccine provider.
- Use the Phase Finder website from Washington State Department of Health (DOH). Make sure to:
- On page 5, answer “YES” to “Do you work in a health care setting?”
- Take a screenshot of or print the last screen with your name, which confirms your eligibility.
If you have questions about vaccinations, please call 1-877-606-6705. Please do not contact the Member Resource Center (MRC), as they are experiencing high call volumes and may not be able to help you.