Basic Training 30
With more online options and availability in additional languages, you can enjoy flexibility and convenience while being able to select topics of study that are important to you.
Our 30 hour Basic Training Program, known as Basic Training 30, is required training for Parent Individual Provider, Limited Service and Adult Child Caregivers.
You can take up to 24 of Basic Training’s 30 hours online. Only 4 hours have required topics; 20 of the 24 hours are elective classes, giving you the chance to select topics related to common issues you face on the job.
Watch for the SEIU 775 Benefits Group welcome letter in the mail once you complete Orientation and Safety and register for Basic Training 30. The letter has important information on training, health benefits and learning in other languages.
Who Can Enroll?
These Independent Provider training categories are eligible for this program:
- Parent Individual Provider (HCS/AAA)
- Limited Service Provider
- Adult Child Individual Provider
Click here for descriptions of these categories.
Your Training Journey
- Sign up for the Training Portal if you haven’t already. Scroll up on this web page and look for the “Manage Your Training & Benefits” login. Select “Sign Up!”
- Create your Training Profile.
- Once you have taken your Orientation and Safety course, you will be able to register for Basic Training 30.
- Register for Basic Training 30.
- Complete Basic Training 30 before your training deadline.
How to Log in for the First Time
- Click on the Sign Up link under the login box at www.myseiubenefits.org.
- Select IP or AP (If you are both, select IP).
- Enter First Name, Last Name, and the student number included in your Welcome Letter.
- Add your contact information and set your contact and language preferences.
- Create a password and save this information in a safe place for logging in to the Portal in the future.
- Your user name will be generated by the system automatically (which will be your student number plus @myseiubenefits.org).
- Copy and paste or save this information in an easily accessible place so that you can log into the Portal in the future.
- Log in to the Portal to access sign up for classes, update your contact information, or to view your training schedule.
Need assistance with creating your online Training Profile or registering for classes? The Member Resource Center is here to help you every step of the way.
- Phone: 1-866-371-3200, Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Email: email@example.com
- For Limited English Proficiency students, representatives at the MRC can speak with you in your language.