Orientation & Safety
Get started on your training early.
Orientation & Safety Training (O&S) provides you with basic safety skills before you start caring for your client.
Once O&S is completed, you can begin working. All caregivers are required to complete this training.
Take Orientation & Safety Online
To complete O&S, view all of the videos on YouTube and then report your completion to your Case Manager (Individual Providers) or your supervisor (Agency Providers).
If you can login into My Benefits, follow these steps to complete your training:
- Open a Chrome browser on a desktop or laptop computer.
- Log into your My Benefits account.
- Go to the Caregiver Learning Center.
- Enroll and complete O&S.
To receive credit for each training section:
- Click the “launch” link to start each section. Lessons must be watched in order.
- After each lesson, close the training screen by click the “X” button.
- Click the refresh icon on the “My Current Training” page. You’ll notice the lesson you just completed is no longer listed on this page and the next lesson is ready to launch.
- Follow these steps for each of the 10 lessons. You can find all completed lessons under “My Training History.”
- Use the “Pause” or “Exit” button to take a break during a lesson. “Exit” will save your place so you can pick up where you left off later.
- Use a laptop or desktop computer with internet access and the Google Chrome browser. Phones and tablets will not load courses correctly.