Orientation & Safety
Get started on your training early.
Taking Orientation and Safety prior to providing care helps prepare you for caring for your consumer while you are in the process of receiving certification.
Take Orientation & Safety Online
- Open a Chrome browser on a desktop or laptop computer. Courses will not load correctly on mobile devices.
- Login to your training account in the left sidebar of this page, under “Manage Your Training & Benefits”
- Click on “Manage My Training”
- Click on “My Current Training” to see the 10 Orientation & Safety Training lessons.
To receive credit for each training section:
- Click the “launch” link to start each section. Lessons must be watched in order.
- After each lesson, close the training screen by click the “X” button.
- Click the refresh icon on the “My Current Training” page. You’ll notice the lesson you just completed is no longer listed on this page and the next lesson is ready to launch.
- Follow these steps for each of the 10 lessons. You can find all completed lessons under “My Training History.”
- Use the “Pause” or “Exit” button to take a break during a lesson. “Exit” will save your place so you can pick up where you left off later.
- Use a laptop or desktop computer with internet access and the Google Chrome browser. Phones and tablets will not load courses correctly.
Don't have internet access? Order an Orientation & Safety DVD
You may request a DVD from your agency employer or the office that contracted you as an Individual Provider.
If you use the DVD to complete Orientation & Safety training, you will need to:
- Call the Member Resource Center (1-866-371-3200) to get a confirmation number
- Call 1-866-483-1397 with your confirmation number and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number to receive credit.
The Member Resource Center (1-866-371-3200) can also help you take the online training in your preferred language.