Basic Training 7
Ver en español | 查看中文 | 한국어로 보기 | Посмотреть на русском | Xem bằng tiếng việt | አማርኛ | عربى | Soomaali
Basic Training 7 is a 7-hour required training for Parent Individual Provider (DDA).
Your Training Deadline
Washington state extended the deadline for caregiver training requirements because of COVID-19 impacts. The Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) set a new deadline based on your hire date.
If you do not finish your required training by your deadline, you will no longer be able to continue working as a paid caregiver.
|Your hired or rehired date||Must complete Basic Training by|
|8/17/2019 to 9/30/2020||1/31/2023|
|10/1/2020 to 4/30/2021||4/30/2023|
|5/1/2021 to 3/31/2022||7/31/2023|
|4/1/2022 to 9/30/2022||10/31/2023|
|10/1/2022 to 6/30/2023||11/30/2023|
Basic Training is required for:
- Parent Individual Provider (DDA)
Click here for descriptions of these categories.
You must complete all 7 hours to meet your requirement. This includes:
- 1-hour of independent study.
- 6-hours of instructor-led training (2 online webinars).
You can enroll in Basic Training by contacting the Member Resource Center at 1-866-371-3200. They are available from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
How to successfully complete Basic Training 7:
- Before your first webinar:
- Download the “Ready or Not Questionnaire“. You will be using it during class.
- You will need to download Zoom if you are new to it. This is the live video application used to take your online class. For help, visit “How to Download or Use Zoom.”
- On the day of your first webinar, go to the email you received with the webinar links and press the link for webinar 1 or copy the link into your browser.
- If your second class is a webinar, go to the email you received with the webinar links and press the link for webinar 2 or copy the link into your browser. If your second class is in person. please arrive at least 15 minutes before your class is set to begin. Learn more about the current classroom policy.
If you need help creating your My Benefits account or enrolling in courses, the Member Resource Center (MRC) is here to help you every step of the way.
- Phone: 1-866-371-3200, Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Email: email@example.com
- For Limited English Proficiency students, representatives at the MRC can speak with you in your language.
If you were hired between May 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022, you should have received an email with instructions on how to enroll. Please enroll as soon as possible to meet your July 31, 2023 deadline.
If you were hired between April 1 to September 30, 2022, you will be emailed instructions in July inviting you to enroll in your required training. Please wait until you receive this email to enroll. You have until October 31, 2023 to complete your training.