Basic Training 9
Basic Training 9 is required training for respite caregivers.
All 9 hours of the training can be completed online. Learn how to enroll and complete your training below.
All caregivers who need to complete Basic Training 9 should have received an email with information about the number of hours they need to take and their deadline. If you do not see this email and need to complete your training, please call the Member Resource Center (MRC) at 1-866-371-3200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. They are available from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Your Training Deadline
Washington state extended the deadline for caregiver training requirements because of COVID-19 impacts. The Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) set a new deadline based on your hire date.
If you do not finish your required training by your deadline, you will no longer be able to continue working as a paid caregiver
|Your hired or rehired date||Must complete Basic Training by|
|88/17/2019 to 9/30/2020||1/31/2023|
|10/1/2020 to 3/31/2022||4/30/2023|
|4/1/2022 to 9/30/2022||8/31/2023|
|10/1/2022 to 12/31/2022||9/30/2023|
How to Access Your Online Account
- Go to myseiu.be/online22. You do not need to create an account.
- The first time you log in, use this information:
- For your Email, use the email address you gave when you were hired.
- For the password, type Summer2022.
- As soon as you log in, you will update your password and verify your contact information.
- After you log in, go to the Catalog to select from the available courses.
If you need help, view the Basic Training 9 guide for detailed instructions.
You need to take 9 hours of online courses to complete your training. You can select these courses from the Catalog page.
Courses you can take include:
- First Things First – Taking Care of Yourself (2 hrs)
- Customer Service Skills (1 hr)
- Back to the Basics of Nutrition (3 hrs)
- Assisting a Client Living with Chronic Pain (2 hrs)
- Falls and Fall Prevention (1 hr)
- The Difference Between a Right and Left Sided Stroke (3 hrs)
- How to be a Great Team Member (1 hr)
- Getting Enough ZZZs – The Importance of Sleep (1 hr)
- Establishing Trust Through Communication with the Elderly (2 hrs)
- Substance Abuse and Addiction in the Older Client (2 hrs)
- Recognizing Depression in Your Older Client (2 hrs)
- Care of the Dying (4 hrs)
This course is currently offered only in English. If you need help taking it in a different language, you can use a community interpreter.
A community interpreter is a friend or relative over the age of 18 that is not your client.
If you need help enrolling and completing your training, view the Basic Training 9 guide.
For additional support, contact the Member Resource Center (MRC).
- Phone: 1-866-371-3200, Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Email: email@example.com
- If your first language is not English, representatives at the MRC can speak with you in your language.