Are you new to caregiving? Could use some support, encouragement, or guidance?
We understand being a new caregiver can be both gratifying and overwhelming. It’s important to us to support you on your path to success. We’ve set up a Peer Mentor support line for you to call when you’re looking for skills or training support or when you just want to talk with someone who can relate to what you’re going through.
Our Peer Mentors are certified Home Care Aides trained to support you. Mentors can help:
- Clarify expectations as you prepare for training
- Coach or tutor you throughout Basic Training
- Apply skills learned in training to the realities on-the-job
- Guide you through a professional challenge or dilemma
- Be a resource to discuss professional growth opportunities
- Provide general support or encouragement
Contact an experienced peer mentor today at 855-803-2095 (toll free) or email us at email@example.com.
Support line hours are Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.–5 p.m. Please leave a message if a mentor is not immediately available. You will receive a call back within one business day.
- Individuals who have completed Orientation & Safety
- Students enrolled in/waiting to take Basic Training 70
- Individuals preparing to take or re-take the certification exam
- Newly certified Home Care Aides
Peer mentorship can reduce anxiety by providing clarity around the realities of being a Home Care Aide and helping you navigate the process of working toward certification.
Students who received support say they experienced improved confidence in their skills and reduced test anxiety, and report feeling more prepared for the certification exam.
Students can use up to 12 free hours of peer mentoring support.
Peer mentoring is one-on-one support through phone and email to provide general encouragement to acquire new skills as you navigate caregiving.
The Member Resource Center (MRC) can help answer questions about health care benefits, retirement benefits, and training schedules. The Member Resource Center is available to support you Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. You can reach the MRC at 1-866-371-3200 or via email at MRC@myseiubenefits.org.