Creating Your Login and Using the Caregiver Learning Center
Create your My Benefits login to access all of your learning, health and secure retirement benefits.
Once you are on My Benefits, all caregivers with training requirements will be able to use the Caregiver Learning Center, a new online learning platform. On the Caregiver Learning Center, you can:
- Easily enroll and search for courses.
- See all of your courses in one location.
- Quickly see your training requirements and needs.
- Download certificates and transcripts.
Need technical help? Visit the Caregiver Support page for answers to the top frequently asked questions about My Benefits and the Caregiver Learning Center.
Creating Your Login and Using the Caregiver Learning Center
Below is a list and videos of simple steps for creating your My Benefits login and using the Caregiver Learning Center. Select the “+” symbol to get detailed information for each step.
For the videos, click on “CC” if you would like to see closed captions.
How To Create Your My Benefits Login
- Go to myseiubenefits.org and click on “Create Login.”
- You may have gotten an email with a link to create a login that takes you to this same page. If you use this link, some of your information may already be entered when you go to the “Create Login” screen.
- If it is not there, please put in your first name, last name and last four digits of your social security number.
- Type your email address and password twice. For your email address, you can use any email as long as you are the only person who checks it.
- If you had a My Benefits account before, you can use the same email address that you used before.
- You will now scroll down to select your preferred language, which is the language that you use most frequently and are most comfortable with. You can only select one preferred language. You can scroll down or type the language in the search box. Click on the language to select it.
- Under “fluent languages” you will add all languages you speak fluently. You can select multiple languages here. For example, if you prefer Spanish but are fluent in both Spanish and English, select Spanish for your preferred language and English under “Fluent language(s).”
- Next, you will add your contact information and choose how you would like to be contacted. Here you can put your cell phone or home phone number. It is important that you add a current number so that you can be reached in case there is a change or update to your benefits.
- Then, choose your preferred way to be contacted. You can choose text, phone or email.
- When you log in for the first time, you will need to agree to a “consent for release” for SEIU 775 Benefits Group to share information with your employer.
- Now, you will need to agree to the Academic Code of Conduct. If you disagree, you will not be able to take required training, access information or complete your certification.
After completing the above steps, you will be sent an activation email to your email address. It is very important that you click on the link in the email. You will then be taken to the login page where you will put your newly-created login information. You now have access to My Benefits!
The next time you go to login, go to myseiubenefits.org and click on “Log In” to be taken to the login screen.
Enrolling in Basic Training, Webinars, Refresher Courses and Nurse Delegation in the Caregiver Learning Center
There are two ways you can enroll in a course on My Benefits. For learning programs like Basic Training, webinars, refresher courses, and Nurse Delegation, you will enroll by clicking on the link you receive in your email.
Enrolling by a link:
- Click on the link in the email you received.
- After clicking on this link, you will need to log in to My Benefits.
- After logging in, you will be able to see and review your complete class schedule. Scroll down and click on “Confirm Enrollment.”
Congratulations! You are now enrolled in the course! From the confirmation screen, you can click on “go to my course” to view all the course information, including the schedule and class location.
Please note: if there is a class in the series that does not fit your schedule, you can edit individual classes after you enroll on My Benefits.
Enrolling in a Continuing Education Course in the Caregiver Learning Center
- To enroll in a Continuing Education (CE) course, first log in to My Benefits.
- After logging in, you will be taken to your My Benefits dashboard. Click on the Caregiver Learning Center.
- In the Caregiver Learning Center, you will see any current courses you may be enrolled in, the course catalog, and your training requirement.
- To enroll in a course, click on Course Catalog* and then “View all” to see all of the courses that you can take. You will only be shown courses that you are eligible for.
- Here, you can filter your choices by online courses, webinars, in-person courses and languages they are available in. If there is a course that seems interesting to you, you can click on it to see the course description, the number of CE credits you can get, the format of the course and the languages it is available in.
- If you are interested in enrolling in the course, click on “Enroll.”
- You will then be taken to a review screen. Here you will click on “Confirm enrollment” to enroll in the course.
Congratulations! You are now enrolled in the course! From the confirmation screen, you can click on “go to my course” to view all the courses you are enrolled in, as well as course details like date, time and location.
*Please note, if your preferred language has been set to “English” in your My Benefits profile, you will see all English classes. If your preferred language has been set to something else, and the course you are looking at is available in your language, you will have the option of choosing between your preferred language and English. Click on the language option you’d like.
How to See Your Class Schedule or Unenroll in a Course
You can see all of your class information, including your complete learning schedule, in the Caregiver Learning Center.
- Log in to My Benefits. After logging in, you will be taken to your My Benefits dashboard.
- Click on the Caregiver Learning Center.
- Under “My Courses”, you will see all the courses you are currently enrolled in. Click on “view all,” on the course, or on “My Courses” in the top right corner.
- To see your complete schedule, including date, time and location, click on “schedule” in the top right of your screen. You can download it by clicking on the “Download” button in the top right.
- If you would like to see an individual class time, date and location, click on “edit” in the “My Courses” section.
How to Unenroll from a Course
- Unenroll from a course by clicking on “edit” for the course you will like to unenroll from.
- When you get to your course information, you will see “unenroll” at the bottom of the screen. Click on it to unenroll.
- You will then see a confirmation screen that you are unenrolled from the course.
- Please note that for classes you attend in person, you will need to contact the Member Resource Center (MRC) if you would like to reschedule the class or enroll in a new one.
How to See Your Completed Class Information and Certificates
Your completed class information, transcripts and certificates are all available in the Caregiver Learning Center, which you access by logging in to My Benefits and clicking on the Caregiver Learning Center in your My Benefits dashboard.
See Completed Classes:
- Find “My Courses” in the Caregiver Learning Center.
- Click on “view all” or on “My Courses” in the top right corner to see all the courses you have taken or are currently enrolled in.
- Once you are in “My Courses,” click on the “completed” tab. In the completed course page, you can filter your courses by years on the left side of your screen.
Get Your Certificate:
- To get your certificate, click on the course you completed. Your certificate will now appear on your screen.
- To download the certificate, click on “Download Certificate” in the top right hand corner.
- Save your certificate on your phone, tablet or computer.
How To Attend Your Courses
To get to your course page in the Caregiver Learning Center, you first have to log in to My Benefits. After logging in, you will be taken to your My Benefits dashboard. Here, you will click on the Caregiver Learning Center.
- Under “My Courses”, you will see all the courses you have taken or are currently enrolled in. Click on “view all”, on the course, or on “My Courses” in the top right corner.
- There are 3 types of courses you might see here: online courses, in-person courses and webinars. You can see what type of course it is by looking to the right of the course title.
- Now, click on the course you would like to attend.
- For courses you can take online, you will be directed to your online learning course page.
- For in-person courses, you will see the date, time and location of your course by clicking on “edit” for the course you’d like to see or on the “Schedule” button at the top right corner.
- For live online webinars, you will find the Zoom link in the same location you would find in-person course information.
- On the scheduled day and time of your webinar, go to your “My Courses” tab, find the webinar, and click on “edit.” Click on the Zoom link that appears here to be taken to your live online webinar.
- Be sure to download Zoom prior to your class. See more information about how to download and Zoom.
Caregivers with a training deadline will be contacted by email with instructions on how to complete their training. You do not need to call the Member Resource Center (MRC).
For other questions, you can call the Member Resource Center (MRC) at 1-866-371-3200 (8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Pacific time, Monday – Friday) or by email at MRC@myseiubenefits.org. Due to high call volumes, it is strongly recommended you contact the MRC by email.