Six new online continuing education courses on providing consumer-directed care for common medical conditions are available now. Please refer to your training standards to determine how much CE you are required to take.
Consumer-Directed Care for Common Medical Conditions:
- Congestive Heart Failure
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Pulmonary Vascular Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease
These Courses Include the Following New Additions:
- Increased interactivity for students;
- Brief 2-page job aid summaries that students can print upon completing the course;
- Opportunities to retry some knowledge checks; and
- Explanations of why an answer is correct or incorrect, so that the student better understands the knowledge check.
These courses are aimed at increasing the HCA’s knowledge of:
- These commonly encountered medical conditions;
- The potential impact on a Consumer’s daily life, comfort, and well-being;
- The risk factors associated with these medical conditions; and
- How to utilize the “Observe and Report” process to help prevent health issues.