Individual Providers serving Medicaid and state-only-funded clients have access to gloves as part of each client’s health benefit. Gloves must be available for use by Individual Providers (IPs) when providing hands-on personal care services to Consumers. Wearing protective gloves and washing hands frequently greatly reduces the risk of spreading disease or infection.
Each Consumer is eligible to receive a supply of 200 gloves per month (additional gloves availble by request). Consumers can access glove supplies in the following ways:
Apple Health (Medicaid) Managed Care Program Clients
Follow the instructions documented on the “How to obtain non-sterile gloves for your personal caregiver” flyer, which is included in your Consumer’s service packet.
Apple Health (Medicaid) Non-Managed Care Clients
- Find a Durable Medical Equipment Supplier at the Health Care Authority website
- Call your primary care physician
- Call the number located on the back of his/her Medical Services Card
State-Only Funded Clients
- Check with your Consumer’s health insurance to see if gloves are offered as a benefit.
- If gloves are not covered by their insurance, contact their case manager at the Home and Community Service, Area Agency on Aging or Developmental Disabilities Administration office.