Change of Employer Enrollment
Change of Employer Enrollment
Because you are transitioning to be employed by Consumer Direct Care Network Washington, or CDWA, there will be an enrollment period for healthcare coverage (similar to Open Enrollment) following your change of employer.
The enrollment period is called “Change of Employer Enrollment” (COEE), and during the enrollment period, you can:
- Apply for health coverage through SEIU 775 Benefits Group (if you are eligible).
- Make optional changes to your dental plan (if you are enrolled).
- Add a dependent* at the full cost of the premium.
What you need to know about Change of Employer Enrollment (COEE):
- Your enrollment period is determined by your CDWA transition date.
- Log into CDWA’s DirectMyCare web portal and complete all your CDWA hiring tasks.
- This is only for caregivers who have been notified by DSHS or CDWA that you are transitioning to be employed by CDWA.
- Complete your tasks as soon as possible to ensure there is no interruption in your health coverage (or to be able to apply, if you are eligible).
- Once you have completed your CDWA transition, you will receive a Change of Employer Enrollment packet in the mail.
- Your packet will inform you of your 60-day enrollment window to enroll in coverage (if you are eligible and applying) or to make optional changes (if already enrolled).
- If you are already enrolled in Health Benefits, you do not need to fill out an application unless you want to make changes.
- As you transition to being employed by CDWA, ensure that you report your hours on time.
What You Get
For just $25 per month, you get the following healthcare benefits:
- Free Primary Care Doctor Visits
- Prescription Drug
- Emotional Support
In addition to high-quality health and dental plans, you have access to many health and safety benefits designed just for you:
- Self-care benefits: Emotional health programs help reduce stress, depression and anxiety. Find the self-care program that fits your needs.
- Caregiver Kicks: Get free, comfortable and slip-resistant shoes in more than 70 styles. Learn more about Caregiver Kicks.
How to Enroll or Make Changes
If you are eligible or enrolled, you can apply for coverage or make optional changes by submitting a paper Health Benefits Application by fax or by mail.
You will receive a packet in the mail with a paper Health Benefits Application to fill out and send in the mail after you complete your transition to CDWA. Postage is required, but returning your Health Benefits Application is easy.
|SEIU 775 Benefits Group
PO Box 24811
Seattle, WA 98124
If you do not receive a Change of Employer Enrollment packet (with a Health Benefits Application) and think you should have, or if you do not receive a confirmation letter for enrollment or plan changes in the mail within 45 days of submitting your Application, call SEIU 775 Benefits Group Customer Service at 1-877-606-6705.
Eligibility: To qualify for coverage, you must work 80 hours each month for 2 months in a row and maintain 80 hours per month going forward for continuous coverage.
Plan changes are optional: If you are already enrolled and do nothing, you will continue receiving the same great health coverage so long as you continue working and submitting your hours on time to CDWA.
When coverage takes effect: If your Health Benefits Application is received on or before November 15, 2021 your new coverage or coverage changes will be effective December 1, 2021.
If your Application is received after November 15, 2021, a letter will be mailed to you with the date your new coverage or coverage changes are effective.
*NEW! For IPs employed by CDWA – Adding dependents: You can now enroll your dependent children in health and dental coverage if you pay the full premium through automatic payroll deduction. Full premiums range from $686-$766 per month.
To add a dependent(s), you must fill out the dependent section of the Health Benefits Application and then provide proof of your relationship to your dependent(s) within 60 days. You will then begin paying the premium through payroll deduction. Coverage will begin December 1 or later. Learn more about adding a dependent.
Call healthcare coverage customer service at 1-877-606-6705.