Two new online continuing education courses covering: (1) preventing falls; and (2) developmental disabilities. Please refer to your training standards to determine how much CE you are required to take.
Falls Prevention: Keeping Consumers Safe and Independent in their Homes
Created in partnership with King County Medical Services’ Falls Prevention program.
Positive Behavior Support for Young Consumers with Developmental Disabilities.
Created in partnership with the Washington Developmental Disabilities Administration, Arc of Washington, and Disability Rights Washington.
These New Courses Include the Following New Features:
- Printable home safety checklist in the falls prevention course;
- Key point summaries that students can print upon completing the course;
- Conversational learning via a Case Manager and HCA avatar that discuss and explore positive behavior concepts and definitions together; and
- Engaging new interactive knowledge checks, such as the click interactivity to identify fall hazards in different areas of the home.
Upcoming Online Continuing Education Courses:
- Historical Perspectives on Treatment of People with Developmental Disabilities
- LGBTQ Community: Basics for a Better Working Relationship
- LGBTQ Community: Unique Needs of Older Adults
Visit the Training Partnership website for more information on Online CE.