Caregiver Learning Library
Continuing Education Courses Now Open to You
You can now access Continuing Education (CE) courses as a part of your training benefit. CE courses allow you to review key knowledge and learn new skills. In the courses below, you can:
- Sharpen your skills with our free library of helpful and relevant caregiving topics.
- Advance your professional growth.
- Take courses online anytime.
These voluntary courses cover topics from pain management to caring for clients with depression, with nearly two dozen titles to choose from.
This new path to providing better care is a covered union benefit and provided at no cost to you.
Caregiving Learning Library Course Catalog
These courses are available for you to take online at your own pace. Log in to My Benefits to enroll.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder: Understanding how to Minimize Stress for Consumers
- Culture, Communication, and Bias
- Emergency Care and Disaster Preparedness
- End of Life Care
- Environmental Sensitivities
- Family Boundaries
- HCA Workplace Injury Awareness
- Improving Time Management Skills
- Opioids and Pain Management
- Positive Behavior Support for Young Consumers with Developmental Disabilities
- Practical Approaches for Caring for Clients with Anxiety
- Practical Approaches for Caring for Clients with Depression
- Providing Care Using a Person-Centered Approach
- Supporting a Consumer with a Spinal Cord Injury
- Supporting Consumers with Cerebral Palsy
- Supporting Consumers with Positive Behavior Support Plans
- Supporting Young Consumers
- Taking Care of your Mental and Emotional Health
- Understanding Basic Medical Terminology
Computer Tips for Online CE Courses
In order to take Caregiving Learning Library courses, your computer must meet the following requirements:
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 operating system; courses are also Mac compatible.
- Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox web browser (Internet Explorer is no longer supported).
- The pop-up blocker for your web browser must be turned off. This is typically found in the “Tools” menu.
- Flash plug-in version 7.0 or newer.
- Computer speakers or headphones.
- Reliable internet connection.