How to Submit an Appeal to the Health Benefits Trust
Reasons to Send an Appeal to the Health Benefits Trust Appeals Committee
- Your eligibility or enrollment was denied.
- Your second appeal to your insurance carrier was denied.
You Have Three Ways to Submit an Appeal
- Call 866-770-1917 and submit over the phone
- Email: SEIU-HBT@Zenith-American.com.
- Mail a letter to:
Health Benefits Trust Appeals
11724 NE 195th Street
Bothell, WA 98011-3145
You must submit the appeal within 180 days after you first become aware of the issue that you want to appeal.
What to Include in Your Appeal
- Personal information including full name, date of birth and address.
- Details around the decision you will appeal, including dates and names of anyone you have already spoken to.
- Helpful documents, written comments or other information to support your appeal.
What to Expect
- Within 5 days of receipt, someone will provide written notification acknowledging receipt of the appeal.
- Within 45 days, you will be notified in writing the outcome of the Health Benefits Trust Appeals Committee.
- All decisions made by the Health Benefits Trust Appeals Committee are final.
Call a Health Benefits Specialist at 866-770-1917, option 1.