Effective immediately, Individual Providers serving Medicaid and state-only-funded clients will have more access to gloves as part of each client’s health benefit. Gloves must be available for use by Individual Providers (IPs) when providing hands-on personal care services to clients. Wearing protective gloves and washing hands frequently will greatly decrease the risk of spreading infection.
Each client is eligible to receive a supply of 200 gloves per month. Additional gloves can be requested if medically necessary. Clients can access glove supplies in the following ways:
Apple Health (Medicaid) Managed Care Program Clients
Follow the instructions documented on the “How to obtain non-sterile gloves for your personal caregiver” flyer which will be included in the clients service packet.
Apple Health (Medicaid) Non-Managed Care Clients
- Find a Durable Medical Equipment Supplier at the Health Care Authority website
- Call your primary care physician
- Call the number located on the back of his/her Medical Services Card
State-Only Funded Clients
- Check with their health insurance to see if gloves are offered as a benefit.
- If gloves are not covered by their insurance, contact their case manager at the Home and Community Service, Area Agency on Aging or Developmental Disabilities Administration office.