Basic Training 30
The SEIU 775 Benefits Group is streamlining our 30 hour Basic Training Program, required training for Parent Individual Provider, Limited Service, Adult Child and Respite Caregivers. Now, with more online options, students can enjoy more flexibility and convenience while being able to select topics of study, like autism and dementia, that are important to you. Students can take up to 24 of Basic Training’s 30 hours online; 20 of the 24 hours are elective classes giving the chance for the Caregiver to select topics related to common issues they face on the job.
The new version of Basic Training 30 offers more convenience. You will be able to take up to 24 of Basic Training’s 30 hours online. Further, students can select 20 hours of in-person or online electives that are most important to you.
Watch for the SEIU 775 Benefits Group welcome letter in the mail once you complete Orientation and Safety and register for Basic Training 30. The letter has important training, health benefits and Limited English Proficiency learner information.
Who Can Enroll?
These Independent Provider training categories are eligible for this program:
- Parent Individual Provider (HCS/AAA)
- Limited Service Provider
- Adult Child Individual Provider
Click here for descriptions of these categories.
How to Login for the First Time
- Click on the Sign Up link under the login box at www.myseiubenefits.org
- Select IP or AP (If you are both, select IP)
- Enter First Name, Last Name, and the student number included in your Welcome Letter
- Add your contact information and set your contact and language preferences
- Create a password and save this information in a safe place for logging into the Portal in the future
- Your user name will be generated by the system automatically (which will be your student number plus @myseiubenefits.org)
- Copy and paste or save this information in an easily accessible place so that you can log into the Portal in the future
- Login to the Portal to access sign up for classes, update your contact information, or to view your training schedule.
Need assistance with creating your online Training Profile or registering for classes? The Member Resource Center is here to help you every step of the way.
- Phone: 1-866-371-3200, Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Limited English Proficiency students, representatives at the MRC can speak with you in your language.